About John Edwards
What is a former internationally-ranked athlete, decorated speaker and accomplished community leader doing on your stage? He’s taking charge of the room by shifting ‘yet another event’ into an experience that leaves you questioning what you thought you knew and laughing so hard you forget this was a “work thing”.
With over 30 years experience as a professional speaker John is the Coach, Consultant and friend that a growing list of international and Fortune 100 companies turn to when they want to depend on someone who will accelerate their success.
The secret weapon companies keep bringing back again (and again and again)
“Nobody wants ‘just another speaker telling them what they already know’ –they want something different to talk about after work with their partners and friends.They want to feel like the time they spent was so well-worth it, that they cannot wait to learn more!. Companies want the same thing: IMPACT”.
"I am hyper-focused on moving away from information to ensure I facilitate inspiration. That is why all of my programs are tailored to the specific audience to first meet them where they are so that we can journey together to an improved state."
The change-leader who changes leaders…
John began speaking professionally after having his own life changed by a keynote speaker at a conference he attended early in his career. From there, he began drawing on the power of science and motivation to carve a career of helping others.
“As a faith-based man who has spent the last three decades championing the effects of business and neuroscience in the boardroom (the assembly line and the water cooler) I can recognize that unspoken desire to “be better” in almost anyone.
This is where I step in as a leader– to show others how they can overcome the “cognitive overload” that’s draining their ability to show up as a consistent high performer in their own domains. I’m committed to cultivating better leaders who can not only ‘survive’ but excel in conditions of change, conflict and chaos.
Contributor and Leader
- Enlisted by leadership teams for Fortune 100 companies
- Winner of the US Presidential Award for Volunteering
- 16+ years serving the State of New York in a leadership role appointed by three Governors from "both sides of the aisle"
- Served as the Chairman of The Board for the US Department of Justice Anti-crime Program (Syracuse,NY)
- Has helped shift the thinking for hundreds of audiences around the globe
High Performer and Growing Expert:
- Subject matter expert, speaker and leader with the NeuroLeadership Institute.
- Decorated speaker, officially recognized as a CSP (‘Certified Professional Speaker’) –the highest earned status conferred by the prestigious National Speakers Association (NSA) and shared with only the other top 17% of speakers worldwide in the Global Speakers Federation (GSF).
- Trainer and Four-time Captain of The Jamaican National Racquetball Team: leading them to an unprecedented top 15 ranking in the world
Almost half-a-million people inspired to date
(but hey, who’s counting)
When he’s not winning over crowds, mentoring tomorrow’s speakers or facilitating change John can be found on dates with his wife, making funny faces with his grandchildren or playing music on a stage near the beach in North Carolina.
Work with John Today
John is an expert in change leadership, culture, and leadership development. He speaks to audiences from around the world on the principles necessary to motivate and facilitate long-term success.
What is a CSP?
John was awarded the CSP designation in 2020… and it’s kind of a big deal…
Earning the CSP designation is like getting a VIP pass to the world of speaking. It's like getting a backstage pass to the concert of your dreams, except instead of seeing your favorite musician, you get to see one of the best speakers in the business. So next time you're planning an event, don't settle for elevator music, hire a CSP for a rockstar speaking performance!
The CSP (“Certified Speaking Professional”) designation is the speaking profession’s highest earned international measure of professional platform competence. Less than 18 percent of the speakers worldwide, who belong to the 14 member associations of the Global Speakers Federation (GSF), currently hold this professional designation. The CSP designation is the highest earned status conferred by the prestigious National Speakers Association (NSA). The small number of professionals who have this designation is an indicator of the difficulty required to meet the strict qualifications.
The CSP designation is earned by mastering the four professional competencies adopted by the NSA:
- Eloquence – The art of speaking and the use of powerful and persuasive presentations.
- Expertise – Knowledge, skills, and experience in a specific area.
- Enterprise – The purposeful undertaking of a successful speaking business venture.
- Ethics – The standards governing the conduct of those in the speaking profession.
Why hiring is CSP gives you the (almost unfair) advantage
By earning the CSP designation, meeting professionals, and conference organizers looking to hire the best speaking talent will know this speaker is among the top 17%. The CSP title shows a speaker’s commitment to the profession, including top-notch speaking ability with a track record of professionalism and success.
With this designation, meeting professionals looking to work with the best speakers will see a commitment to the profession by seeking speakers who are CSPs. Audiences are demanding excellence, relevance, and eloquence. By hiring a CSP, a meeting organizer can have increased confidence in the success of their event.